Sunday 5 September 2010

Back to School!




Well I have done it! I have registered with the open university and am officialy a student (I have a NUS card and everything) I am very excited and very nervous at the same time. I got my 'goodie' box last week with all my brand new and shinny course material. See image to the side. I know what your thinking, as that is what I thought. Oh My ........... Looks like a lot of books, DVD's, CD - Roms! (thats where the slightly nervous part came from!) I'm not quite sure what I have let myself in for really. But I have been busy latley preparing myself the the cousre 'The arts past and present.' I have been reading the course compamion guide, full of study tips and have made an area to study in.
I am hopeing after a hard slog that I will achieve a degree in English Literature. I hope that this course my give me confidence i my writing skills and new skills to develop my writing.
I just hope that I am going to be able to keep up with this Higher education and that i am not going to fall behind or find it too differcult. The only way to find out though is to try! Wish me luck guys I think I am going to need it!

3 comments:

  1. You will be in your element and absolutely fine my lovely! how do we know unless we try hey! I have every confidence in you. :) love the area you have created for study etc. The books and cds and dvds would make me nervous too, but I am sure you will be fine! You should have seen what we got for our accountancy course when I started that a few years back!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie, c'mon! Look at your study area. How can you not be successful with an area like that?
    Hunny, you have half the battle won. The other half is to have fun learning all the things that you want to know about English Literature.
    Then we can have some fun reading you :)

    Wishing you every success with the O.U. Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys, some much needed encouragement! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.