Sunday 8 August 2010

Spooky stories

Well my ghost story is nearly finished now (just typing up my last few corrections! well I'm supposed to be but this blog is distracting me!! :-))I have had a real journey with this story and have realized just how tricky it all is but it has made me see that I do love to do it and that I am really excited about starting my next project! (not that I know what that is just yet!) As I was writing a ghost story I thought I would read some ghost stories to get me into the spirit of the thing (lol - pun not intended) So I read a book called the 'woman in black' by Susan Hill. What a great read this book is, it had me gripped wanting to know what was going to happen next. After reading this book you will be wanting to sleep with the lights on! A brief outline of the story is;

Arthur Kipps a junior solicitor is requested to attend the funreal of Mrs Drablow the sole inhabitor of the Eel Mash house. A solitray house in the middle of the marshes, in a cloud of salt mist, unaware of the tragic secreats which lie hidden in this house. It is not untill he sees a wasted women dressed all in black that his curiouslity and unease start to take hold.




This book has now been made into a fightfuly fantastic west end theatre show, fingers crossed I will get to go and see it soon.


Has anyone read any scary ghost stories latley?
Let me know if you recomend any.

Thanks and bye for now,

Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.